Here’s a well known fact: blogging is a full time job. It’s no longer enough to simply create beautiful content. Networking seems to be an important, if not integral aspect of blogging. This recipe is the result of one such networking opportunity.
I recently joined Food Bloggers Recipe Swap – a collaborative Facebook group of social media savvy food bloggers. The group encourages members to take part in monthly recipe swaps. The idea is to cook and blog about other blogger’s recipes and by doing so, expanding audiences and blog reach. I found the idea to be interesting and immediately signed up for it. I only realised much later how much extra work it involves when you’re a vlogger shooting videos in a tiny London apartment. Did I mention juggling a full time job?
This recipe for grilled corn with Parmesan cheese and coriander is from Simply Delish Eats. I swapped the parsley that was originally mentioned in the recipe for coriander based on what I had at home. It’s simple, quick and makes a healthy side dish.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 ears of sweetcorn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Blitz Parmesan cheese and coriander leaves in a food processor.
- Add butter and give it a quick stir (I did this step in the food processor).
- Brush the sweetcorn ears with most of the herb seasoning and wrap in a piece of foil.
- Grill for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the foil, brush with the reserved herb seasoning and sprinkle with salt and pepper.